When writing your content for your website, you may want to format your text to emphasize a point and make it stand out from the rest of the content. This is easily done by using the bold tag, italics tag and underline tag.
There are also an alternative tags for bold and italics and they are:
Personally I prefer to use the shorter version, well, because it is short. You can also mix the formatting together.
The Paragraph tag (“P”) is to subdivide your content into paragraph sections.
And lastly, the line break tag (“BR”) is useful for breaking a line or inserting more line spaces by adding several. There is no need to close this tag with a /BR. This is one of the few tags that don’t require a closing tag.
You will use the above tags most often. There are other interesting but less used formatting tags like strikeout, superscript and subscript, etc. Why burden your memory with so many code when the above is already sufficient?
- Learning HTML codes for building a web page
- Lesson 1 – The Basic HTML Tag
- Lesson 2 – Create a website page
- Lesson 3 – Text formatting tags
- Lesson 4 – Aligning the paragraph text
- Lesson 5 – Making bullet list and numbered list
- Lesson 6 – Create tables in your website