MAXIS – GPRS Set Up Information
XDA O2 PDA Phone
GPRS Instructions for connecting your O2 XDA with the with Built in Internal.
In order to be able to connect to the GPRS network you will need a GPRS enabled SIM.
Setting up the connection
1. On the PDA, tap on Start then Settings.
2. Tap on the Connections tab.
3. Tap on the Connections icon.
4. From the Internet drop down menu select New.
5. Enter Maxis as name for the connection and tap on the Modem tab.
6. Tap on New and enter Maxis.
7. From the drop down menu beneath Select a modem select Cellular line (GPRS).
8. From the drop down menu beneath Baud rate: select 19200 and tap Next.
9. In the box below Access point name enter net and click Finish.
10. Tap ok.
11. Tap on the Dialing Locations tab, and then tap Dialing Patterns.
12. Ensure all three boxes contain only a G and tap ok twice.
Making the connection
1. On the PDA, tap on Start then Settings then the Connections tab
2. Tap on the Connections Icon
3. Ensure that Maxis is selected in the top drop down list and then tap on Connect
4. In the Username field enter maxis.
5. In the Password field enter wap.
6. Tap the box next to Save password.
7. Tap on OK to connect to GPRS.
You will now be connected to the GPRS service.